NAE4-HA is a globally recognized, culturally diverse network for 4-H youth development professionals. Membership is open to local, regional, state or national Cooperative Extension staff who works with 4-H youth programs. Affiliate membership is available to other youth development professionals, former NAE4-HA members, and supporters.
- Opportunities for professional recognition and awards at state, regional and national level
- Travel and educational scholarships and grants
- Annual NAE4-HA conference, featuring professional improvement seminars, poster sessions, research papers and exhibits
- Leadership development opportunities through association leadership positions and leadership development conferences
New Member Brochure (pdf)
Member Benefits Flyer (pdf)
There are five categories to membership with NAE4-HA: Active, Life, Student, Affiliate and Partner.
The membership year is January 1 - December 31. Dues are not pro-rated.
NOTE: National dues must be received not later than 1/31 to be eligible for awards. See Awards page for more details.
Active Members: Currently employed by the Extension System in professional status or operating under an official agreement with the Extension System in a Professional Status and assigned responsibility for 4-H youth development or professional interest in promoting and supporting same. Active Dues: $80 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Affiliate Members: Includes adult professionals employed in youth development other than Extension or former NAE4-HA dues paying members who were Active members but do not currently qualify for Active or Life membership. Affiliate Dues: $80 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Life Members: An Individual having ever held NAE4-HA active member status. Upon or after retirement, will pay one-time dues equal to three times the current active member amount.” Life Member Dues: a onetime fee of $240 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Student Members: An individual who is currently attending a college/university with full-time student status will pay one-half current dues amount.Student Dues: $40 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Partner Members: Partner members include donors, sponsors, and other contributors as outlined in the NAE4-HA Partner Member Application packet. For more details please visit the Partner Member Program page
STATE MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
Q: I'm the State Membership Chair, how do I renew and add new members from my state?
- Have your new members create a NAE4-HA profile. This will add them to the membership database.
- Have your returning member, please sign on and update your profile.
- If they are taken to checkout, please have them select Bill Me (invoice) option.
- Collect NAE4-HA dues from your state members.
- Email the completed State Reporting Form to email@example.com.
- Mail a check for dues to NAE4-HA National Office 3801 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 190, Raleigh, NC 27607
NOTE: NAE4-HA no longer requires individual members to provide proof that they updated a profile. This is a basic feature in the new platform and is built into the yearly profile update/renewal process.
Q: It is after annual renewal, how do I renew and add new State members?
First, create a NAE4-HA profile this will add you to the membership database.
Some Basic Steps:
- Select your Member Type. (Active is the most common)
- Enter a Username. (Most members use an email address)
- Enter your First and Last name.
- Select your State.
- Continue to enter your profile information.
- At Checkout:
Please select the Bill Me (invoice) option.
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org